There are more than 500 islands in the Micronesia, like a pearl, scattered on the blue South Pacific Ocean. The largest island is called Pompei, with an area of about 500 square kilometers. Opposite Pompei Island, there is a very small island called Namato Island.
In 1595, the Portuguese navy captain Pedro Fernández de Cuiros arrived on the island by the San Yeronimo sailing ship. He was surprised to find that although the island was deserted, there were countless giant stone columns Neatly placed there, piled up a stone mountain more than ten meters high.
Later geologists and archeologists went to the island to carry out research and found that it turned out to be an ancient architectural waste. These stone pillars are processed basalt pillars, condensed from cooled volcanic lava, each weighing several tons. The Swiss von Daniken tried to count these stone pillars. The stacked stone mountains consisted of 4,328 stone schools. Together with scattered stone pillars on the ground, several burial chambers and a 860-meter-long stone school fence, a total of about 400,000 stone pillars have been shared by the ruins of ancient buildings on Namatuo Island.
The island s buildings are embossed, unadorned, and without the lavish patterns commonly found in South Pacific architecture. There are only countless basalt columns and crisscrossed canal waterways. What kind of building is this?
What is even more puzzling is that Namato Island itself does not produce this type of basalt, and the stones are transported from Pompei Island. Although the two places are not far away, only the waterway is navigable. It is believed to have been transported in a local canoe called Catamarans. This canoe can only carry one stone pillar at a time. Someone calculated that if 4 shipments are shipped a day, 1460 shipments can be shipped in a year. According to this calculation, it will take 296 years for the islanders of Pompei to transport all 400,000 stone pillars to Namato Island.
Aboriginal Bonape people refer to the Namato site as the Temple of the Holy Pigeon. It is said that three hundred years ago, a pigeon came here by boat across a waterway. Before the pigeons arrived, the ruler of the island stood a fire -breathing dragon, which dug the canal in one breath, and the stone pillars were transported here from the neighboring island.
The legend may have too many myths, but who built the stone pillars on Namato Island? Pacific Islanders are lazy, sloppy, and self-sufficient. For them, such a huge project has no special motivation unimaginable.
What s more difficult to understand is that the buildings on the island were obviously not completed, leaving part of the city walls to be built before they were suddenly abandoned for some reason. The scattered stone pillars were thrown everywhere.
Who actually built this strange building on this island? When was it built and for what purpose? Why was it unfinished and suddenly abandoned? The stone pillars of Namato Island are another incomprehensible mystery.