Famen Temple is located in Famen Town, 10 kilometers north of Fufeng County. Founded in the late Eastern Han Dynasty, it is famous for the placement of Shakyamuni Buddha fingers. According to the Buddhist Internal Code, more than 2,000 years ago, after the extinction of Shakyamuni Buddha, India s Ashoka was promoting the Dharma. The relics were sent to the southern Yanfuti, where towers were built to support the relics. There were nineteen in China and the fifth one in Famen Temple. Famen Temple was built because of its tower. It was formerly known as Asoka Temple. It was renamed Chengshi Taoist Temple in Sui; it was renamed Famen Temple in the early Tang Dynasty. During the Yuan and Wei dynasties and the early Sui Dynasty, both temples were expanded. During the Emperor Gao Zong s reign in the Tang Dynasty, he built a palace of 24 Rosewood Palaces. The Song Dynasty also returned to its largest scale. The original tower was commonly known as the Holy Mound , which was rebuilt into afour-level wooden tower during Tang Zhenguan s reign, also known as the pagoda for protecting the country. The wooden tower collapsed during the three years of Longqing (1569) in the Ming Dynasty. The seventeenth year of Wanli (1579) to the thirty-seventh year of Wanli were completed. The 13-level eight-sided brick tower was 47 meters high. Due to the tilt of the tower body due to the earthquake. In the 28th year of the Republic of China (1939), General Zhu Ziqiao had donated money for repairs. It collapsed on August 24, 1981 due to excessive rain.
Records of historical records: The first time to open the tower of the Buddha in the second year of Yuan and Wei (494); the second time of Sui Renshou (602); the second time of Li Min; the second time of the opening of the tower; For eighty monks to Famen Temple, five years of Tang Zhenguan (631), Taizong pulled silver to repair the temple, and Zhang Liang of Qiqi State History opened the tower to worship the relic for the third time. Starting from the five years of Tang Gaozongs celebration (660), Sheng Yi welcomed the Buddha bones to Luoyang, the Empress Dowager Changan four years (704) welcomed the new Mingtang; Suzong welcomed the inner dojo; Dezong invited to the ban; Xianzong derogated Han Yu, who welcomed the bones of the Buddha, went to Anfumen to welcome the Buddha bones to enter the palace; the welcoming ceremony of the 14th year of Emperor Xianzong Xiantong (873) was extremely solemn. Singing and dancing orchestra, and the sound of Brahma chanting. The emperors of the Ta ng Dynasty believed in the Dharma and paid special attention to the Buddha s finger relic. The queen and concubine often presented them with their own green silk and clothing. Tang Zhongzong brought the queen, wife, and princess to the temple for the Buddha. During the ten ritual Buddha activities in the three hundred and eighty years, Famen Temple not only became a royal temple, but also became a Buddhist holy place that the country looked up to.
Opened with the approval of Fufeng County People s Government in 1984. In 1985, Fufeng County Buddhist Association and Baoji City Buddhist Association were successively established. From the end of 1986 to the beginning of 1987, the government decided to rebuild the pagoda. In the process of clearing the tower, it was discovered that Tang Dizong s 15-year-old palace under the tower was closed. Its variety, quantity, quality, production quality, and high-level preservation are rare in China.
11 On November 9, 1988, monks from Famen Temple gathered. Chairman Zhao Puchu held the international ribbon-cutting ceremony in person at the ribbon-cutting ceremony. Beginning in 1989, the Baoji Buddhist Association carried out activities to create civilized temples in various temples throughout the city, and Famen Temple was named the civilized temple for successive years. In the creation activities, Famen Temple carried out various tasks of Hongfalisheng under the leadership of the abbot Chengguanguan and Master Jingyi under the leadership of the religious authority under the leadership of the religious authority. The temple s standardized jungle system The temple has been restored, and the temple construction is in full scale. Buddhist activities are in full swing, and foreign exchanges are increasingly frequent. It receives about 300,000 tourists each year. The temple has opened vegetarian restaurants and Buddhist scripture circulation offices, which is more than self-supporting . He is enthusiastic about social welfare, seeking benefits for the public, and contributing to the country. He has been praised by the party and government departments and praised by people from all walks of life.
Transportation: National Highway 310 high-grade highway Xi an-Baoji Lanjiacun exit transfer to Famen Temple second-level tourist special line; Xianyang-Qianling-Famen temple second-level special tourist line; West (An) Bao (chi) north line Fufeng county transfer; Xi an and Baoji Railway Station take a day tour coach.
Tickets: 35 yuan (you can buy student tickets for two or more people). Tickets for the Famen Temple Museum are 32 yuan.